Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Jaywalkers 2.0


IMG_0761
Originally uploaded by lothruin
So, the Jaywalker socks I was knitting in the lucious Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino are too small for me. I tried them on after getting the heel gusset finished on sock one, and it was a no go. So, rather than frog all that, I'll finish them and either my mother or my sister will be a sock-pair richer.

However, I'd like to own a pair of my own hand-knit socks before anyone else does, so before leaving for Atlanta to visit my sister, I had my other hank of Cherry Tree Hill (Sockittome, not Supersock) wound into a ball, and started it two size bigger. This is what it looks like so far. It's knitting up beautifully, although I'm going to say right here and now that I far prefer the 100% merino Supersock to the Sockittome blend. I don't think its fiber content so much as twist. The Supersock is a lovely high twist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home