Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Craftster Stocking Swap Pics!

This is just a little late in coming, but my partner and I have both received our packages for the Craftster Stocking Swap 2007! My package to her included this skully faux-fair-isle stocking, which might be my favorite finished knit item to date. It's made with some vintage Columbia Minerva Icelandia (a beautiful, and appropriately named icelandic wool) in colorway "smoke", and Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Worsted in Blue Blood Red. The pattern is a heavily modified version of this free felted stocking pattern, but by the time i've made my changes about the only thing I've kept from the original pattern is the number of stitches to cast on and the toe decreases.



My partner, Kittykill, also received this sterling silver wire-wrapped cherry blossom branch necklace, a crocheted shell-stitch cloche, a red and black cherry blossom knitted pin cushion made of the same yarn as her stocking, a vnitage handbag with a custom illustration and some additional store-bought items. You can see everything she received in her swap gallery post.
Also, if you'd like to check out what I received from her, you can do so at my swap gallery post. She totally spoiled me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home