Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Wheel is Finished


My Wheel is Finished
Originally uploaded by lothruin
So, I finished my wheel. She's stained and painted. She has a tattoo of a rose on her treadle. Someday soon, she'll have tattoos on her wheel as well, but I have to brush up (get it?) on my painting skills first. She turned out just as I pictured her, and I'm duly impressed with my work, as this is the first time I've ever finished a piece of woodwork.

She's stained with Varathane gel stain in the color Ipswich Pine. Her maidens and the rails are painted in bright pink and green acrylic, and the rose on her treadle is painted to match. Since she has painted surfaces, I opted for a polyurethane finish rather than an oil or wax finish, so she's top-coated with Minwax polyurethane spray in a satin finish.

I've spun little bits each night this week, and when I get home I'll be photographing (I think) a yarn for the Fiber Friday thread at Craftster. It's just a small offering, but I'm really excited by it. I love spinning on my wheel.

Now I just need a drum carder and some dyeing equipment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home