Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Sampler

My sister rocks. I've told her this, now I'm telling all of you. For my birthday this year she got me a Holiday Sampler . For those of you not familiar with The Sampler, it is a semi-random assortment of sample goods from merchants in the arts/crafts industry. In other words, if you make or sell hand-crafted items, artwork or supplies, you can contribute an amount of sample merchandise to The Sampler, along with promo materials, and they throw it all in a pile and pull out an assortment from the pile for each box. It's a great way to get exposed to and support fellow artists and crafters who are making a go at a business. And now would be the perfect time to experience The Sampler for the first time, since they're having a moving sale!

OK, so meanwhile, back to MY sampler, which is totally awesome and I loved. I got samples from Repro Depot (duh-rool), a bunch of cool buttons, several barrettes, a soap sample, some lovely art prints, a great calendar, a soy potpourri tart that smells like my childhood christmas and a checkbook cover that I'm already using, and so isn't in the pictures.



I love this stuff. The pink barrette with the bat on it will probably go to Kit. It goes with one of her punk rock outfits. I think maybe I can think of some people who would appreciate the art prints, and they may get framed for Christmas. The Repro Depot samples, those that have smaller prints on them, will probably be used for Moira Bea, and the larger prints will be focal points in patchwork bags, I'm guessing. The soap is patchouli, but not, like, head-shop patchouli oil. More subtle and nice. I've gotta wash my denim jacket and put the buttons on. I want it to be ready for the spring weather. Ok, that's a ways off, but yeah. Cool buttons need a cool denim jacket, and my denim jacket was already vintage when denim jackets were retro-cool.

So, I love The Sampler, and it was so cool that Jen got one for me for my birthday, because I'd seriously been looking at it wondering if I could justify buying myself one. So, good timing, sis of mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home