Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's One of Those Things

I've been tagged by Yahaira. Yay, I've never been tagged before!

1. Total number of books I own?
Oh gees. Hundreds. So hard to tell. Between splitting my old books between my mother and my sister, then splitting again when I had my first divorce, then gaining more when I got married again, and if you count my daughter's books that are actually mine... well... My bookshelves overfloweth, into boxes, dressers, other peoples' houses.

2. The last book I bought?
*The last book I paid for: Stellaluna by Janell Cannon, for my daughter after she was bitten by a bat.
*More recently I grabbed a couple books out of the free book box at the used bookstore, including The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.
*Oh, and I guess I should count the boxful of cross-stitch books I got at an auction, but they were for my mother-in-law.

3. The last book I read?
Just got finished with Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. He's not terribly prolific an author yet, but WOW! What a read.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
*Little Women: Jo is one of the reasons my daughter is named Katherine. :D
*Charlotte's Web: I might have been six the first time I read this book, and after 22 years, it still has the power to make me cry. It was also the first book I ever read to my daughter, aloud while she was nursing, at one week old.
*The Night Before Christmas, illustrated by Holly Hobbie: Can't link to this one; it's long out of print. I memorized the poem when I was 2, and "read" the book to my baby sister.
*A Wrinkle in Time: One of the first books I remember having read to me. Don't know how many times I've read it since then.
*30th Ann. Where the Sidewalk Ends: I got this for Mother's Day this year. Made me cry. I miss Shel Silverstein.


5. Tag five people and have them fill this out in their blogs.
I don't know 5 people with blogs yet. I'll have to tag as I go. But Bonnie's gonna have to get hit. That's one down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyy! I just got back so I can finally reply to my posts! Whooo! I'll be here for days! I can't believe I was deprived of a computer for 2 weeks!
Ugh, about the 7-10 % bull, I think that 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' is a sham! I just read on the lelah thread in craftster that someone in the uk just picked up a knitting magazine and saw a doppleganger. The difference? TIES that cross in the back! Argh! WTF???!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Yeah, if one has designs (bad pun) on getting serious about their patterns, investing in actual copyrights is a good way to go. But I can't really talk, as the one pattern I've written that I love the most was actually my attempt to replicate another knitted garment. Granted, I used totally different weights of yarn and the pattern for the other piece was in a language I don't read, so I just took a look at one small picture and guessed at the rest, but still.

So, I have no idea how that sort of thing fits in, but it DOES have to suck if someone is SELLING a pattern that was ripped off from something YOU provided for free. I guess it's sort of the other way around in my case. I'm providing for free a pattern loosely based off a picture of a published pattern. Maybe it's different, I don't know.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home