Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Fixing a Hole


IMG_2737
Originally uploaded by lothruin
As per the title of a Beatles tune off Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I was fixing a hole. I bought a lovely little micro-jersey dress for my daughter off the Target clearance rack. I didn't look it over carefully enough, and the first time she wore it, I realized it had a cut on the skirt. Rather than try to mend the tear to be as invisible as possible (nearly impossible in the middle front of a piece of flowing black micro-jersey) I mended the hole by making it bigger. I found some green micro-jersey in a similar fiber content and matching thread, and used a little bit of reverse applique to hide the tear in plain sight. It turned out well. I didn't have the kind of problems I anticipated with the jersey. I only got one little pucker where I tried to use a reverse lock to end my line of stitching, which in retrospect was a total rookie mistake. (Although, in fairness, I'm basically a rookie.) Kit loves it, and my MIL was impressed with my domestic skills and thrifty sensibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home