Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, June 17, 2005

In other news

Well, I haven't had any time to knit or crochet since Tuesday. I have gotten a combined total of 8 hours sleep over the last 2 nights. (I'm old. This is not enough sleep for me. Maybe 10 years ago, when I was 18, and had no toddlers...) What, you ask, could possibly keep me up so late into the night that didn't involve feverish needlework? I'm in a band. We've been hosting open mic nights every Wednesday at a local bar. Well, this Wednesday at the show we were approached by some loyal fans (ha!) who wanted us to play the following evening at another bar, for a birthday party. And guess what; they agreed to PAY us. (The Wed. gig is a tips-only gig.)

So, we hauled our equipment down to the bar last night, set up and played to a surprisingly adoring crowd. We got $50 for playing, and OVER $70 in tips! Which makes this our first paid gig. Which makes us a real band. Yay!

But today I'm tired, and I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of needlework and napping. Thank god its Friday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Congrats on the becoming a real band thing! That must be super exciting!

9:42 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

she knits, she crochets, she designs, and shes in a band!!
is there anything you cant do?!

congrats on officially becoming a band :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

I can't cook. My husband does all the cooking. :D

Thanks, guys. It's exciting. More exciting, though, for the other band members. This is not my first band, and I even recorded an album with the other one. (And I did all the graphic design for the album, too. Add that to my resume.)

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home