Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, July 10, 2006

This is July

Just in case you were not already aware of it. In fact, it's damn near the middle of July already. What this means for all of us is that the year is more than half over but the heat of summer has not yet begun defile...whatever. (<--gratuitous Doc Holliday reference.) What it means for me is that I have two more weeks of crafting before Lidz for Liz goes live at the Relay for Life.

I'll take (and post) pics of the hats I've got done so far, which is is a little bit depressing, actually, but my goal is around 20 and I've still got two WHOLE WEEKS, after all... I made up a crochet pattern for a really cute shell-stitch cloche out of regular ol' worsted weight cotton. (I made mine out of Lily Sugar 'n' Cream, and it took less than one ball.) I'll be posting that pattern on Moirai. Now I'm working on a pattern for ANOTHER shell-stitch cloche, only in different shell stitch, and I'll probably be done by this evening.

Meanwhile, I'm crossing my fingers the knit hat I've got going will be the right size, but I fear, all swatching aside, that it will be too small. I do not know how this is possible, as the stitches are coming out the same gauge as my swatch, and I know there are plenty of them, but for some reason, it just looks like it will be way too small. I suspect that it might have something to do with being on the dpns, and plan on putting it on some waste yarn and trying it on just to see. But I may just scrap it. Because, you know what? I don't like knitting small things in the round. I'm not good at it yet. And I don't want to knit any hats flat and put a seam in, because these things are meant for cancer patients, and I just don't think a seam will be the pinacle of comfort. Of course, if I made up a few quickies with seams, they might sell to non-patients just as fund-raiser. We'll see how pressed for time I get and what kind of yarns I find to work with.

I have a few other ideas floating around that I'm working with my mom on, that could be really cool. Heehee... but it's a surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home