Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Baby's New Ride

A while ago I posted that I was pattern testing a pattern for Chez Plum (or maybe only posted it in my WIP status bar) and I'm officially finished with it. OK, so the original pattern has cute little windows, but I was finishing it up at Stitch n Bitch, and it was agreed that no little windows were needed, since I didn't really (honestly, no offense meant to the pattern writer, as I find the set of patterns really positively adorable) didn't relish sewing them on. So here is Baby's New Ride:



It's done in Caron Simply Soft, with a main body in a turquoise color that I no longer see on Caron's color cards... I think it was a Brite, but it isn't the Berry Blue, and also Lemonade and Lime Light, both also Brites. For those who take advantage of Sylvie's adorable pattern, I got gauge with the Caron Simply Soft, though the pattern calls for a cotton-blend yarn. I used what I had, and it worked out PERfectly.

Meanwhile, I knitted another couple of inches on my bag while watching Project Runway this week. No spoilers here, but I was very pleased with the outcome of this week's episode. I know many others won't be, but that's OK. I'm all about the love, baby! The grey bag is still daunting me, or taunting me, or something. So... much... grey... bah! But, I'm almost halfway done with the grey side, and the other side will be the same size, but striped, and I think I will be able to handle the stripes MUCH better. The interminable grey is just really getting to me. I can only work on it in spurts. And spurts don't finish a bag. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to doing the skull and crossbones design, too, so that will be a nice diversion.

And in yet other news, I've got christmas gifts bouncing around in my head, including a couple of ideas for art notecards, and I really need to sharpen the ol' Prismacolors and get to work. Plus, honestly, I have a bunch of (mostly) crochet ideas as well, and for some reason I'm too antsy to actually work on them. What is up... why is it that just at the time I need to be sitting down with focus to really work on these things so that I'm not frantically re-thinking my gifts on Christmas Eve, I suddenly completely lack any kind of motivation to be crafty? Is it the weather? Why would the dipping temperatures make me want to put DOWN the fibers?? Why is my most pressing desire to read old fantasy books? I just don't get it. Help me find my motivation, people! I need crafty impetus!

2 Comments:

Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

the car looks so neat ! I still have trouble making the seam look tidy and regular on the car... I guess it takes better skills than mine..

Love the colors you used too!! I'll be doing the final edits soon and then send you the pdf..

And Hehe, will I dare ask if you'd mind .. you know, a pic to add to my Gallery..? ;-P

5:45 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Yes, by all means add it to your gallery. My apologies for not having emailed it to you directly, I've been a bit scatterbrained right now. :D

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home