Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stash Mathematics

There's a rule that says for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction, and one of the best places to see this rule in action is in my stash. (Or so it seems.) Just as soon as some stash goes out the door, more comes in. Today, I spent $10 at the Goodwill, and here's what I got:



Some lovely Pingouin (I'm never sure how that's spelled) Cotton de Fleur, which is a baby pink cotton pompadour.


A bunch of Reynolds Voulet, which is what looks to be a sock weight rayon chenille, and is in a color I can't abide, but it's a nice yarn, so maybe someone else will want it. (Also with this yarn was a LARGE home-wound center-pull skein of a matching heathered mustard yellow synthetic. I don't like it either, but it does match the chenille.)


And... one pair of 14" size 0 bamboo needles, a 29" size 10.5 aluminum circular and 24" and 29" size 2 vintage steel circs with steel cables, and their little envelope. (I really love the steel circs, but then I also love steel straight needles. Weird, huh? I've heard they're tough on the hands, but oh well.)


I LOVE vintage yarn!! The cotton/rayon Pingouin is really lovely and soft. And I think there's enough there for a little sweater. The chenille is so... odd, because chenille socks seem like a bad idea, but who knows, it says it's "ideal for crochet" so maybe there's something cool to be done with it. And the needles, well... can't have too many needles!!

In other news, I've progressed another 2" on my bag, and have made the absolute determination that my plan will be altered to include much less endless grey knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home