Over the weekend
I did it. This weekend I went over to my mom's and we took photos. Photos of jewelry and photos of my hats. My submission for the mag will be going off tonight, with fingers crossed and as soon as mom can get me the rest of the pics (she ran out of blank CDs) I'll begin formatting a product system for Moirai, which is really exciting.
Meanwhile, last night I began a baby sweater for a friend in Australia, and it's turning out lovely so far, all 1.5" of the back... It's made of Dreambaby DK by plymouth, in sunflower yellow, and I am having to wing it, mostly. I don't have the money to buy one of Plymouth's patterns, even if I really liked any of them, which I don't, and I get a really odd gauge (26st per 4") that, it seems, is uncommon for most of the baby sweater patterns out there. (Part of that is because most of them are made with sport or baby yarn...) But the Dreambaby is butter soft and knits up so nicely, so I'm not complaining. I'm doing a 22" chest, so it'll be big enough to fit over other layers, and hopefully fit during the fall/winter season down under. I decided on seed stitch waist, cuffs and button band, just because I like it. It's a little boy's sweater, and I was tired of ribbing, but couldn't do lace, so seed stitch it is. Hope it works out.