Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yay!

Just yay. I'm in a good mood. The Project Runway reunion episode last night was wonderfully snipish and good fun to watch. Over the weekend, as I posted on Friday, I had a birthday gift to give. Got it done on Saturday afternoon and presented it at dinner, for my dad's 54th birthday. My dad is so cute and sweet. He read it at the table, and I think he almost started crying. (Aww...) And then he read it again, out loud, to Kit, but had to hold the book up like a screen so no one could see his face. Heehee. He really liked it, I think, and with my dad, that's a real score! He is SO hard to please. I think I'll ask my mom to scan a couple of the prettier pages so I can share. And we still have to move the trees. It was a little too early yet last weekend. And then we'll get to add the first picture. (Well, beyond the ones that are already included.)

So, after the birthday gift was completed, and we got done with birthday celebrations, I went home and got right to work on my Fiskars journal. WooHoo! Some of the pages were bleh, some were beautiful and some were clever as far as I was concerned, but not particularly artistic, I guess. So, we'll see. I worked on it at SnB at Georgia's house on Sunday, and got it mailed off by Tuesday. Hope it doesn't arrive too "late" according to their records. I'm excited, though.

And now, well, I'm working on a tractor to match the little car from a few posts back. I could have had it finished last night, but I got too engrossed in the sniping, and couldn't crochet and pay attention at the same time. But I think I'm going to change this one too, a little. I was thinking of stuffing the wheels, and maybe making a little wheel bumper thing to add. I think that would be super cute. We'll see.

AND, and, this weekend at SnB Amy and Holly wanna learn to use hooks and needles. Yay! Now THAT will be fun. I LOVE teaching people how to knit and crochet. WEE!

1 Comments:

Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

wow, congrats on your birthday gift for your dad, it's so hard to make something people really like. And it looks like you did !! Would love to see pics of your baby oak story..

...and can't wait to see your little tractor as well !! :-P

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home