Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Frills, on aprons, on scarves...

Wow! A heritage museum close to my house is having a whole exhibit devoted to aprons! My husband will not be attending. However, I may have to jaunt down there for a while and take a gander. Yay for vintage aprons!

In other news, I started a pretty crocheted spiral scarf after seeing some discussion about one Craftster. I'm using Unger Fluffy. I found 12 skeins (actually there were more, but I only picked up the colors I really liked) in 12 colors, all "new", at a thrift store. I've got one set of 5 and one set of 6 colors that coordinate, plus a skein of black. It's this great, high-quality 100% acrylic (washable and warm, good for scarves) mohair-look yarn. I'm using a size K hook and primarily double crochet, although I may use a longer stitch for the outside row. I'm also using a different color for each row, in a sort of graduated scheme, so I think there'll be some cool effects when you combine that with the spiral. Its going to take a while, I think, but I know it will be worth it.

I finally picked up my Cleaves again. I'm using Lion Brand Jiffy in black and fuscia, which is really more bright pink than purple-ish. I've got the second sleeve about half-done. I could finish the sleeve tonight, if I tried. I know once I get to the round-and-round I'll have to trade off to avoid tedium. Maybe I can trade back and forth between Cleaves and my equally tedious spiral scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home