Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Perfect Shrugs Revisited

Well! My mother just gave me some news that gave me a little thrill. My Oma, to whom I gave my red (and yellow and orange and fuscia) Perfect Shrug, has said she wants another, please, in a lighter yarn and in blues and greens. She's had the shrug since April and I'm told she hasn't gone a day without wearing it yet, but during the summer it has been just a touch warm. I think I'd be sweltering if I tried to wear it here in the summer, but Montana isn't quite as bad and her nursing home is kept plenty cool year round, but I guess it hasn't been too bad, and she actually welcomes the warmth most of the time. So, now I have to find a nice yarn in blues and greens that will not be as warm, and as long as I'm going this route, I should probably make it washable as well. Any suggestions? I'll have to completely rewrite the pattern, I think, to accomodate a lighter yarn, so really anything goes. (Except something small-gauge, because I think I should try to finish this thing pretty quickly.)

2 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

how about a worsted weight cotton?
Im in love with blue sky cotton or you can get that pakucho (sp?!) cotton stuff from elann, though I believe thats quiet a bit thinner

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

I was looking at the Pakucho from Elann, but I think my Oma will want more color than the organic cotton affords. I'm going yarn shopping with my mom this weekend, as she wants to buy the yarn for me. She's thinking an acrylic worsted yarn, for washability, and I guess it still needs to be moderately warm, which cotton CAN do, but we'll have to see what happens.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home