Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Oooh, progress bars...

...now there's incentive! I've added a nifty progress bar in the sidebar, as you can see. It's sweet. Now, whenever I want to despair at my complete lack of knitty-ness, I can just look at my sweet, sweet progress bars. And so can you! And you can think, "Hah! I finished that last month!" and you can feel proud, or smug, whichever you prefer.

I started over on the spiral scarf, as my progress bar will tell you. I didn't like the color scheme I'd chosen, and frankly, I'd made it too long. Now I know. I'm doing it in off white, still in the Unger Fluffy, provided I have enough, which I hope I do, because frogging that stuff's a real bitch. So pretty and fluffy when it's all worked up, it fights tooth and nail to stay that way.

My mother and I went yarn shopping on Saturday. I'm swatching some Plymouth Encore to make my grandma's next shrug. They have a colorway that is perfect, though they didn't have it in stock at my LYS, but we picked up a couple of skeins in a colorway my mom really likes, and I'm going to do some swatching (which is nothing like it was in the 1980's; back then it involved freaky plasticy watches), and see what I can come up with gauge-wise, and then we'll be in the running. We've also considered the Lion Brand Colorwaves, but the Encore will be oh so much more forgiving.

And, I know this isn't knitting, but how do you expect me to stick to one topic? I made a necklace for my friend that turned out so beautifully that I made earrings to match. My only wish is that I'd had sterling to work with instead of plate. It's lovely, but I HATE working with plated components. I've been working with silver since I was 15, and darn it, I see no reason (well, except for money, which is the key, really) to go back now. Anyway, I'll have pics as soon as I get the film used up and the pics scanned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How did you get the progress bars...I can't get mine to work...I love your blog!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

I'm learning CSS and how (and why) it works, so I had to do a little searching via google to find other examples and their code. There's some hands-on work, too, and I tweeked mine to go with my blog template. I can send you a snippet of code and tell you where to put it via PM at Craftster or email.

And thanks! I'm really pleased with how my blog turned out, too. Those three yarns I kool-aid dyed really came in handy. They are not only beautiful yarns, but gave me the entire basis of the color scheme.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home