Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, October 16, 2006

A hat, costumes and swap

So, I have to figure out how to juggle a bunch of stuff right now. Once again, I think I'm overextended. Before October 31, I have to make two costumes, one for Kit and one for me, and make two advent calendars for my Craftster Advent Calendar Swap. I have 2 weeks, and well-formulated plans, I just have to be sure I'm not procrastinating too much. Some friends need help scraping their trim to be repainted, and I would really like to help them every available minute, and I offered to help during the week up until dark, but I really only have one more weekend to get the costumes done before I have to wear at least mine the following Saturday, and probably they'll both need to be done so we can go to Boo at the Zoo. And I need someone else's sewing machine to make the costumes, probably my mother's, so it kinda has to get done this weekend, really. Meanwhile, the two advent calendars aren't going to be too bad, and I've already started making one, (I hope it works, I hope it works, otherwise I'll have to scramble for a second one) and I only really need to get an image enlarged onto heavy cardstock in order to start on the other... But, I do really need to solidly decide that I am, by damn, going to work on them. Really. Seriously. No more wishy washy, I've got to just shove all this stuff together and get it done.

Ok, so meanwhile, I made the cool hat from my brain, and it turned out a little different than I planned, but I know what I have to do to make it exactly what I want, and anyway, the unexpected differences in my prototype are actually kinda cute and cool. I'm making a second that I really should set aside until my other projects are finished, but I'm anxious to see how my alterations effect the second try. Well, at least knitting is something that can be done a little bit here and there on the spur of the moment, so I can work on it at times I wouldn't be able to work on my other projects. Ah well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home