Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring... ?

OK, it WAS spring here not long ago, and the forsythia looked lovely, and the tulips and daffodils were blooming, and it was all very nice and green and refreshing, and then... I don't know, spring just sort of ran and hid, the flowers all froze and look ugly now, and who even knows what we'll get from the budding trees, my lilac bush froze in it's little green prime, so I have NO idea if it will even survive, and damn it, I'm cold. It sucks.

However, that is not crafty. But it might help explain my mood a little. On the crafting front, I've been decidedly lacking. I've slowly been working here and there on a few small projects I have yet to finish. I've found some lovely supplies, including some interesting fabric and a Norwegian wool sweater with great stuffies on it. I DID take pics of that, pre-disassembly. I took all the trim off, all the pewter buttons and clasps, and then I threw the sucker in the washing machine. That thing felted down from a womens XL to something that would just look a little large on Kit. Wow. But it's super thick and wonderful and it will make darling stockings. Meanwhile, I am hoping for a nice anglo-saxon style dress to use the trim on. That would rock.

Speaking of which, the Scottish Party and renny season are coming up. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to have to get to work crocheting snoods. Use up all that crochet thread I have.

And in other other news, I found myself a picnic basket that will soon be wonderful. I bought paint and have some lining fabric, and the thing is gonna rock when I'm done. Plus, I already have the cool retro-style melmac dishes from Joanns that I bought forever ago. And they'll fit so neatly! yay!

Fin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home