Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Anthropologiecal Inspiration

I've been pining over the Openwork Dolman Cardigan from Anthropologie. I don't have $8 to spend on a sweater, let alone $78. So I've been working out how to make one of my own.

The construction is so easy. It's three rectangles. The stitch pattern for the sleeves was a little tougher. I considered a couple other patterns that might give a similar effect, but nothing appealed to me, and then I thought about doing it in crochet instead, but I didn't really like that either, so I sat down last night and really examined the pattern. I've never done even simple embossed leaves, but I understand their construction, and I think I've figured out how this motif is worked, so I might even be able to get started this weekend.

Also, originally I thought I'd use some fingering weight vintage acrylic in chocolate brown, but that just wasn't looking right, and when I finally really took a close look at the pattern, I decided it was a heavier yarn, so I'm working it up now in Red Heart Baby acrylic. It's cheap. Oh well. It's the pretty pale blue that will go with a lot of my fall things, and it doesn't have a dye lot, so I can go grab more as I need it without spending a ton of cash. Plus, it's super soft.

Anyway, I worked on some jewelry this week, and haven't gotten pics developed, but soon, I PROMISE, there will be pictures of finished objects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home