Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Books

So yeah, I've been reading a fair amount lately. It's summer, and that always makes me want to read. Don't know why. But since Kit was born, which, granted, has been almost three years, I just haven't read much. I read MY books to her until she got old enough to be disinterested. Then I stopped reading. Damn it, that won't do. So I got a hankering to start reading again, and since about mid-May, I've consumed a dozen or more books. That's not fast reading, but considering I actually HAVE been doing other things too, it isn't bad. But I will use it as a handy excuse why some of my progress bars aren't moving...

And because I know that the world at large is vastly interested in the goings on in my life, I've added a little "Open Books" section to my sidebar. It lists my current and four most recent reads. Oooh, aaahh. It amuses me, but serves little other purpose. That's OK. However, if you DO look at it, you'll notice I've listed my current book as "Lord of the Rings" and some of you may consider that cheating. I'm actually almost finished with "The Two Towers", which is the second volume, and so by some standards, I should list "Fellowship of the Ring" as #2 on my list and let SnowCrash there drop off. Bah, I say. Tolkein, the dear old chap, explains in his forward how calling it a trilogy is not correct. It is, as he explains, ONE novel, in six books, divided amongst three volumes. So, I list it as one entry because I'm pedantic and no one is REALLY going to care, even amongst those who might actually glance at it.

I will admit that last night I set aside my purse, which is progressing well by the way, because I wanted to finish reading about Merry and Pippin and their adventure with Fangorn. Never mind this is the 9th or 10th time I've read these books. Ah well, I will finish my purse tonight, and the path of the Company, or such of them as remain, away South from Isengard will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home