Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Offendi Bag and More

Well, I'm sitting here watching "Legally Blonde", so I thought it apropos to knit this Fendi Bag, which Neiman Marcus has so improperly labeled "Crocheted". I'll be writing the pattern as I go. It's easy.

And I'm still working out the embossed leaf pattern of the Anthropologie cardigan, which I've decided to call "Culterelle" for my purposes. I've got the motif figured out, and am currently giving my pattern a try to be sure it all lays right, and whether I want to tweek it or not, but I'm making some great headway.

Oops, there's the movie back on. Can't miss one single moment of air-headed brilliance. More later.

4 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

oh I cant wait to see your versions of the sweater and bag! I want to knit both. let us know how it goes...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Yahaira, I'm actually very close to finished with the purse, and am going to publish the pattern just as soon as I get the bag done. The knitting is easy, but the large gauge begs for a lining, and I'm better at knitting than sewing, so there may be some delay there, but it should still move pretty quick. I'm also thinking of knitting a wallet to match. :D

And I'm really absurdly pleased with my progress on the leaf motif in the sweater. It looks just like the real thing. My only tweek to the pattern will be slip stitch edging. Within the next evening or so, I'll be starting on the real deal.

8:38 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

ahh! I tried to email you this but I got a failed message...so I'll just hijack this post:

ahh yes, the sirens call of the lys, few make out it empty handed. I have to congratulate you!

I did try to put some sort of power in the scarf that would make anyone that looks at it constantly think of, it must have worked....excellent.

Thanks! :)


ok back, the sweater sounds awesome. What yarn are you using for both projects

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Huh, I wonder why my email isn't working.

I try to make it out of the LYS empty-handed as often as possible. I usually go it to browse, ask if they can get certain yarns I might be interested in, and just get inspiration. My LYS is cool about it, too. Of course, the owner knows my mother, as well, so that may make a difference.

The scarf DOES have powers!

The yarn for both projects is, right now, cheapo-beapo. I'm trying the sweater in Red Heart Baby in pale blue, because I had it on hand, it's inexpensive, and I wanted to try out my pattern in something inexpensive while I was working out the stitch pattern. The purse is done in Caron Simply Soft, with two strands held together for the body and single for the ruffle. It'll have to be lined because it's very cushy, but I think it'll wear well as a purse.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home