Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Just Leave it to Me...

...to find a way to make jewelry knitting-related. Here are a couple of jewelry pieces I finished recently:

First, a Fairy Necklace, given to my best friend Holly.


A detail to show it better, since my skin is sunburned and covered in freckles, making it difficult to tear one's eyes away from the splotches long enough to look at the necklace:


And the earrings to match, made from leftover beads:



And next is how I make jewelry knitting related. It's a cuff bracelet, sort of, made of a piece of knitted sterling wire. The wire was actually one of the first things I knitted, last year sometime, but I couldn't decide how I wanted to finish it, so I just waited, letting it sit in a bag in my jewelry box (by that I mean the old Caboodles I use to stow my jewelry-making stuff, not the box that contains my actual jewelry, which doesn't actually exist) until the No Yarn Allowed Challenge at Craftster kicked me into gear to finish it. Sadly, it hasn't a hope for the challenge, but I love it anyway.




So there you are, just to prove I haven't been idle this whole time, and that's not all I've finished, just all I've had opportunity to take pictures of. Just you wait, one of these days I'll get a digital camera and be able to blog properly. Until then, please re-read my Ode to a Digital Camera from Saturday the 2nd of July.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Everything is lovely! I really like that cuff.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I really liked your cuff for the challenge. I especially admire the way you used the other wire to make the loopy thing to hook the fastening chain too. If that made any sense.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Thanks ever so! If you want to know the truth, that wire closure setup was just my last ditch effort to get the thing finished. I'd been toying with the idea of ordering a special multi-ring clasp job from Rio Grande, that would be all snazzy and sleek, but I haven't had time or money to do so, and this seemed like a pretty OK solution in the pinch.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home