Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat, because she sat around all weekend on her butt and did absolutely nothing of consequence except eat and read...

Oh wait. No, I really didn't do jack this weekend. I came up with ideas, and that's about it. On Thursday I mailed my package (late) for the Craftster Advent Calendar Swap and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival at my partner's door, so I can see if she likes it or not. Meanwhile, I DID receive my package from her last week as well, and WOW is it beautiful! Here are pictures of the wonderful gingerbread house and the cookbook calendar she sent me! The gingerbread house is all of felt with little pockets and doors, and it's beautiful and wonderful and amazing and I can't wait until December. With regard to the cookbook I must apologize to my partner. When I PMed her to let her know I'd gotten her package I think I said something dense like "I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet, but it looks like it's full of delicious treats." I really meant both parts, but together they make me seem like an ass, and here's why: Each page of the cookbook is a day of the calendar. If I HAD looked at it, I'd have ruined the calendar. It wasn't until I really got a chance to look at the book, and realized that what looked like an advent calendar on the front was all glued down, that perhaps the inside of the book was the meat of the calendar, not the outside... Silly me! So I hastily put the cookbook in the box with the gingerbread house (where I have to hide it from my daughter until it's time to start opening!!) and prepared to make out a list of probably ingredients for holiday items... If you get an advent cookbook, shouldn't you at least make a go at actually making each recipe daily? :D

Now then, I have three Craftster Mods to make stuff for, and I need to do it fast! I wasted an entire weekend. Bad me. And those girls, they're tough to craft for! One doesn't like the style of wire jewelry, one can't wear metal... What are they trying to do to me?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home