Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pics

OK, so I finally managed to get some pics for here. For now, we're going to go with a pic of the Norwegian sweater I have thoroughly dismantled.



Now, in all honesty, when I saw this sweater, my brain saw ugly. But the reason it was ugly was that all it's parts, for the most part, were pretty, but put together badly. Who wants a heavy wool sweater that closes with little hook all down the front? Why put such pretty buttons on the sleeve and let them be useless. Why THAT trim with the colorwork pattern of the sweater? It all made no sense together. So, I took it all apart. And I'm rewarded with some very pretty wool trim that (as I think I mentioned) I would love to put on a renny dress of some sort, 6 cast pewter clasps, 3 pairs of pretty pewter buttons and a very pretty bunch of felted wool that I'll turn into stockings. The sweater was done in some sort of weird ribbing, but it felted beautifully. So the ugly has become pretty. We'll just call this one the ugly sweaterling, shall we?

Also, I found this piece of fabric.



I'm not really sure what drew me to it. I mean, it has a train and a riverboat (in the background, you can't really see it well in this pic) and it's in kinda strange colors. The print repeat is weird. The design extends from one selvage all the way to the other, but it's only about a half-yard wide. It can't really be for pillows because it's too long. I don't know quite what to make of it. But for some reason, the overall colors, which are strangely muted and bold all at once, and the eccentric art, well, they just grabbed me. And the fabric was cheap, so yeah. Sis suggested a flared skirt. That could be really funky. Don't know yet, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home