Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blythe Sweaters

I love my Moira Bea. And I've discovered I also love teeny tiny knitting. Really love it. Those antique knitting pins I bought last year are wonderful fun to use. These tiny sweaters (which I'll be selling on Etsy if anyone's interested) are made with .90mm knitting pins and fingering weight yarn. The white one is made with a vintage acrylic yarn called "Amore" (by pingouin if I recall) and the pink one is an 80/20 wool and nylon blend that is so beautiful. That hat is also my work, crocheted from size 10 (I think) crochet cotton in a modified shell stitch I was playing around with.


This baby is a working cardigan with glass seed beed buttons. It has poofed sleeves, too. :D It can be worn as a cardi, or turned around and buttoned up the back for a boatneck pullover.


The cropped one, because it is more snug than the cardi, has to be snapped up the back. The buttons popped out of the button placket when I tried it that way. So, it can only be worn as a pullover, but it still looks fab. The hat when to my friend KittyKill for her Ruby Grace.


And this is just a gratuitous shot of Moira Bea. I was lucky enough to find some vintage Skipper clothes in the middle of a Barbie grab bag, and after fixing up the straps, this dress is a beautiful fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home