Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Moira Bea: Fashion Star

OK, there aren't any pictures yet. That's rather anti-climactic, isn't it? This weekend I house/dog/cat sat for my parents while they visited family in Wyoming. While there I used my mom's sewing machine to whip up a small wardrobe for my Moira Bea. The breakdown of all this turned out to be:

A) I love to sew even though I'm not much good at it.

B) I took one of my sewing machines in to be serviced and have a couple of parts replaced so that I can sew at my own home.

C) The flared pants pattern at Puchi Collective rocks my socks.

D) Moira Bea now owns a pair of brown jeans, navy trousers, two a-line dresses and a baby doll shirt, plus a very special pair of gold silk trousers that are part of her Halloween costume.

E) Sewing tiny things made out of microjersey makes my head pull a stunt similar to a star's evolution, first expanding like a balloon, then collapsing from it' own mass until it finally explodes. Therefore, Moira has no T-shirts, and is not likely to have any until I can conive an unsuspecting seamstress into making them for me.

F) The colors of Nebraska fields in September are lovely.

So tonight I will b sewing on snaps and then Moira and I will go out for a little photo shoot. Perhaps she'll get to show off her new Jeep. She bought it used, and it has a vanity plate for someone named Barbie, but it's a perfect fit for Moira, and she'll get her own vanity plate soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home