Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.


Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Long Wait

Obviously my summer has been busy. Or, something. I don't know. In any case, the blog has taken back seat (way back, like all the way at home and grumbling about it) to other things. After my last post I set to work creating Sweets4Ever's bridal jewelry. It was a big hit. But that was all the crafting I got done in the second half of July.

On August 2nd, my sister flew up from Atlanta, and we, our parents, and my daughter Kit hopped in a Cessna 220 (last time I flew in a plane that small I jumped out of it!) and flew to Billings, MT by way of Rapid City, SD and Mt. Rushmore. Kit loved "the statues" and it was a lovely walk. Kit added two more charms to her charm bracelet. A motorcycle for South Dakota and a Mt. Rushmore charm. We were in Billings until Saturday morning, during which time we visited my Oma, met up with my Uncle Ted and his two kids (Becca and Theo, and they rock. I want to hang out with them more!!) and got to do a little shopping. Mom and Jen and I went to a Goodwill where we made some great vintage hauls, and we found a little shop called Wild Purls with GREAT yarn.

(Pics to come of the great yarn! I took advantage of their mill ends of Mountain Colors yarn and a fun little super-cheap grab bag.)

In order to while away the hours in the airplane and keep hands busy while visiting, I worked on a new sweater for Blythe, which will be posted very soon in my Etsy. It's tan with purple seed bead buttons and I think it turned out great. I actually knitted less than I expected I would, but I have the scenery over the Big Horn Mountains to thank for that.

On Saturday we left Billings for Sheridan, WY, where we visited my dad's mom and siblings. My Uncles Steve and Geoff are soooo much cooler than I ever thought when I was a kid. I always knew my Aunt Liz was cool. :)

So it was a whirlwind trip, and it doesn't account for the almost complete lack of cratiness that has happened between Sunday the 5th and now. I spent last week mostly relaxing. My husband completely cleaned up my house while Kit and I were gone, and painted Kit's room and laid the flooring we bought for her and he's also the best cook I know, so I think he rocks. And that is all I have to report, except, perhaps, that I'll be taking pics tonight, probably, and will also be picking up the needles to make Moira Bea something totally sweet with some of the mill ends I picked up in Montana.

That is all.


Post a Comment

<< Home