Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Latest Doings

Well, all right. Here I am again. I haven't completely forgotten that I've got a blog. So here's an update.

I've been helping my sister with a postcard project. Fun, but it makes me sleepy. Of course, that could also be because I've been working on it mostly between the hours of 10:00 at night and 1:00 in the morning. But it is for a good cause, so I'll just be sleepy.

I've also been working on another project involving my sister, but also my mother and a couple friends. It will be a website showcasing our wares. Here's the prototype:
Moirai: Beauty is Fate

I've been knitting a little, working on a couple of ideas, but never quite nailing anything down. Worked out the perfect motif for the cardigan from Anthrpologie that I swooned over a few months ago, and decided to try it in a scarf made of a vintage Columbia Minerva fingering yarn in pink. It's 50% wool and 50% nylon and a very pretty 60's deep pink color. I've gotten thinking about a couple of shrug designs I want to make, maybe even one for Katherine. My husband has finally thought of something I could knit for him: a dog treat bag to attach to his belt for training and walks, so I've been considering whether I want to make it felted or of plastic bags. There are plenty more ideas floating around in my head, if only I had more time. I've still got to make Halloween costumes!

I've been lucky at the thrift stores lately. I found some beautiful Reynolds Lopi, three full hanks, picked up 4 skeins of Plymouth Dreambaby, I've found a ton of great vintage sewing patterns and I spent $7 on a limited edition serigraph by artist Dennis Mukai that's worth $400.

After enduring my husband's obvious scorn when he found out I had made a blog, and not just any blog, but a knitting blog (blogs are SUCH a trendy/newbie thing to do, after all), I fell into histerics last night when I saw this:
My husband's comeupance.

That's right, gentle readers, my adorable husband has started a Dogster blog for our puppy, Mina. Now, I've visited Dogster before, and toyed with the idea of starting a page for Mina myself, but put the idea on the backburner until I had more time and more pictures. Imagine my surprise when, last night while I was on the phone with my sister, I turned toward my husband's computer and saw Mina's Dogster page, of which he had not informed me, but which he had left up on his screen when he left for the store. Unintentionally? I don't know. I laughed. I think I irritated my sister, because I was literally in the middle of a sentence, and the subject we were discussing wasn't exactly a laughing matter. Ah well. She's a cute pup, and deserves a Dogster page. It just amuses me to no end that it was my husband who did it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 dogs are on Dogster! Now I'll have to go looking for you on there.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home