Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, February 20, 2006

And so it continues

We're in the final countdown, folks, and I fell way behind at the half-way mark. I'm almost through with the second sleeve, and really the body doesn't take any more time than a sleeve does (which is only a couple hours, if I actually work on it) but then there's all the miles and miles of ribbing. I might actually be able to finish sleeve and main body today and if I work hard, the ribbing should be finishable by the 26th. Especially with most of another weekend.



Meanwhile, I'm called by the Anthropologie-inspired capelet on craftster. It's simple, elegant, customizable and beautiful. And I found 6 balls of Patons Brilliant in a lovely lilac and silver metallic color on clearance for $1/ball. (Score. It's regularly $5. I might go back and get more. I think they discontinued the color, and there were 18 balls there. I bought all of one dye lot.) So as soon as my olympic project is done, I'll be making a version of that. If I have enough yarn, I'm thinking of a scallopy crocheted edging. Or, I may use the lovely Brilliant for something else. I've got so much yarn. I'm sure I have something in my stash besides the Brilliant that would work. I'm not sure how the woven yarn will look doubled up. We'll have to see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Ooh! Holly Likeses the capelet! Mucho Lovely!

Sorry... I must have had crack for breakfast unwittingly...

6:19 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Heehee, does Holly wantses a capelet? I hear they knit quickly. And they can be made longer, have longer sleeves, or be customized in a bazillion other ways.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home