Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The torch is lit

Under my ass. Perhaps that is not ceremonious enough a statement. Needless to say, I've swatched for my Knitting Olympics project. As I said before, I'm making another version of my bolero sweater. This one's INTENTIONALLY a gift for my Oma. (The other was a gift for myself, but as with many other things, I made it with me in mind, and the moment someone implied that it would be well-liked by another person, off it went.) Mom picked out the yarn, Yarn Bee's Highland Thistle in Tartan. It's a lovely green / blue / brown colorway. I swatched, and lo and behold it works up to the exact same gauge as the first. The pattern might still need some adjustments because the fabric is a little different, but I'll do that as I go, I think. I'm so excited. Of course, I actually missed the opening ceremonies because our cable box fritzed out, but I'm going on ahead anyway. :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. We are a day in and I am already behind. Yikes!!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

*snicker* Just read today's entry. You'll feel better! :D

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home