Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

My stash

YarnHarlot, Hostess of the 2006 Knitting Olympics, as well as a thread on Craftster, has got me thinking about my stash. Well, that and the yarn I bought yesterday.

I'm not crazy about... wait... OK, that's wrong. I'm crazy about a lot of things, but I tend to let myself wallow in disorganization most of the time. A few weeks ago, I got some sort of weird hair and made an Access database containing names, years and descriptions of all my daughters My Little Ponies. I think this satisfied some sort of anal organization bug in me, while at the same time giving me names for a lot of the ponies Kit had been asking me about. Anyway, though, it's just not the sort of thing I do often, but when I do it, I go all out. I don't know why.

So I was thinking... Does my stash need an Access Database? If I can't store it all in some semblance of order, surely I can organize SOMEthing about it, so that I know what I have and maybe any ideas I had for using it. I don't know, maybe that's just crazy-talk. But really, my stash is ecclectic and wide-ranging. I have yarn from the 30's in there. And some that's brand new this season. I have cheap acrylic and expensive acrylic, nice wool, scratchy wool, lovely alpaca/silk blends, hand-spun skeins from the lovely miss MidnightSky... In short, I've a veritable gypsy caravan of yarns in my stash, everything from the old matriarch, the 30's cotton, to the young, wild child, the Mode Dea Ticker Tape, to the young noblewoman who ran away from home to follow her love. I think it's time to write their stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Every once in a while I get the urge to organize the yarn stash. Then I realize that that's just crazy talk.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Well, I will admit that after writing this post, I never even thought again about doing it... Just thinking about that task must have been enough to get it out of my system!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home