Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, March 13, 2006

One Tiny Thing

Well, I finished my item for the One Tiny Thing Round IV swap at Craftster. It turned out really lovely and my partner liked it. It was a pincushion. I knitted the top out of some wool thread I picked up the last time we drove past the Amana colonies in Iowa. It was this lovely grapey purple, and I knit it on size 1.25mm antique knitting pins. I got 43 stitches to 4". Then I embroidered vines with glass bead flowers and a glass bead dragonfly, and sewed it to some of the butterfly fabric I got in the fabric swap.





And in return, I got the greatest little fold-away knit kit from Gingerquilts! Somehow we struck on really similar colors and motifs for each other, both using jewel tones heavy on the purple, with dragonflies. Here's the knit kit all folded up, and then the inside:





On the inside, you can see rings to hold a stitch holder. In the middle are pins holding hand-made stitch markers in two sizes. On the right is a needle book with yarn needles. What you don't see is that there are two more pockets on the back that hold point protectors and tiny fold-up scissors.

I used it last night while I was working on a ruffled wrist warmer. Such a nice, compact thing to have around!

3 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

I love that little cushion you made, so cute!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Lothruin said...

Thanks! It turned out pretty well, and knitting those tiny stitches was more fun than I expected.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Queenalycen said...

That little cushion is awfully adorable. :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home