Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Another Crafty Day

It was another crafty day at Holly's. I was instructed to come looking fabulous, so I arrived late. As I walked in, the scents of coffee and sewing machine oil mingled pleasantly in the air...

So, yeah, crafting at Holly's, fun as usual. This time it was me, Holly and Fay, and Nick in the background making hammering and drilling noises. (Something about screwing things into 8" oak main house support beams without having a drill to make a guide hole... he seemed a little grouchy.) Fay smocked, I made Fay a bracelet (Fay's making ME a BODICE! YAY!), and Holly, ever industrious, made Gracie an Easter bandana, got the fabric cut and started sewing on a cloak lining AND took pictures of ME looking fabulous for Moirai.

All in all, it was quite fun. And it was really nice to make something for Fay. Sometimes I think my creative juice gets a little fermented in the bottom of the bottle just trying to think up new designs. Every once in a while a nice one pops out, but it was good to make something for Fay because I stepped away from the more modern feeling stuff and back into a style I had moved away from for a while. It's good to remember that older ideas do not have to take a backseat. That older designs can have a fresh feeling to them. Anyway, altogether satisfying. Wish I'd had Holly snap a shot of the bracelet, which I suspect will eventually be a necklace. The stone is too heavy for a bracelet I think. Meanwhile, I'll also have to nudge her a little bit to see where my copies of the pics she took of me are, so that I can get my profile pic up on the website, and maybe share with you the fabulousness of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home