Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Shknitzel

Strickgarnschnitzel: Clippings of knitting yarn.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Our little Stitch 'n' Bitch

I have a SnB! We've made it a regular Saturday Afternoon gathering, at least until the bulk of Scottish Party and Ren Faire sewing and crafting is done, and I hope we'll continue after that as well. Fay and Holly and I sit around the table, and this weekend Nick even joined us. He didn't do quite as much bitching, and his stitching involves 'knitting' chainmail, but it works. We've been mostly working on garb and crafts for the ren faire, and I'll try to post some pics here soon, especially of my garb when it's done. Fay is making my bodice, Holly is making my cloak and I... well I haven't made anything yet, actually... One weekend I worked on jewelry, last weekend I mostly crocheted hats for the Relay for Life. Well, I dyed my skirt. And Nick's shirt. Mine turned out dark dark grey. Nick's turned out plum. Very plum. Very Very plum. :D

Last night I played with weaving copper wire. I kamakazied my way through a woven bangle bracelet with a little cluster of red beads. I think it turned out OK, but since I was winging it, there are things I'd do differently the next time around. Fine tune it. But I'll have to get other opinions as to whether it is worth fine tuning or not. Anyway, that's all the fun in my life right now. Well, in my crafty life, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home